Print Bookmark

Buildings


Matches 1 to 20 of 20     » Thumbnails Only

   

 #   Thumb   Description   Linked to 
1
1130 Lake Shore Drive, Chicago, IL
1130 Lake Shore Drive, Chicago, IL
Albert Arnold Sprague (1874-1946), his wife, Frances Fidelia Dibblee, and their three children, Albert Arnold Sprague, Laura Sprague, and Otho Sylvester Arnold Sprague, lived here. Albert Arnold Sprague (1874-1946) died here. 
 
2
14 West Elm, #1601, Chicago, IL
14 West Elm, #1601, Chicago, IL
Per the 1930 census on 14 April, this building was home to Albert Arnold Sprague (1903-1982). 
 
3
At least one living or private individual is linked to this item - Details withheld.
 
 
4
227-237 East Delaware Place, Chicago, IL.
227-237 East Delaware Place, Chicago, IL.
Otho Sylvester Arnold Sprague (1913-1962), his wife, Anne Foley Phelps, and their two children, Albert Arnold Sprague and Otho Sylvester Arnold Sprague, lived at 237 E. Delaware Place. 
 
5
810 West Forest Hill, Peoria, IL
810 West Forest Hill, Peoria, IL
Contributor: Chiames, Matthew 
 
6
Albert Arnold Sprague Memorial Hall at Yale University, New Haven, CT
Albert Arnold Sprague Memorial Hall at Yale University, New Haven, CT
From the New York Times -- November 26, 1917
New Music Hall
Building Erected in Memory of Albert A. Sprague is Dedicated
--Special to The New York Times--
New Haven, Conn., Nov. 25 -
The Albert Arnold Sprague Memorial Hall, given to Yale as a home for the Music Department of the university by Mrs. Albert Arnold Sprague and her daughter, Mrs. Frederic Shurtleff Coolidge, was dedicated today.
The building is a beautiful structure in Colonial style, containing lecture, recitation, and sound-proof practice rooms; a musical library, and a concert auditorium holding about 800 persons. It has cost more than $200,000 without furnishings. The Yale Department of Music, since it was organized in 1894, has never had an appropriate or permanent home, but has been housed in various buildings insufficiently adapted to its purposes.
The new building was given by Mrs. Sprague and Mrs. Coolidge in memory of Albert Arnold Sprague of the class of 1859. Not until after Mrs. Sprague's death were the plans finally approved, and when it was found that the amount given by her was not sufficient, the remainder was made up by her daughter, Mrs. Coolidge.
The exercises in the concert hall of the new building were opened at 12:30 o'clock with prayer by the Rev. William Adams Brown of New York. Dr. James Haskell Hewitt delivered a memorial address on Mr. Sprague. The architect, Charles Allerton Coolidge, of Coolidge & Shattuck, delivered the keys of the building to President Hadley, who made a brief address accepting the memorial building on behalf of the university.
There was then an address by Horatio Parker, Professor of Music at Yale, tracing the development and the present status of music in America. He admitted the debt that American music owed to Europe, but said that the development of music here was America's own.
At 4 o'clock there was a dedication concert in the concert room of the hall by the Berkshire Street Quartet, founded and maintained by Mrs. Frederic Shurtleff Coolidge. In place of the second violin, Hermann Felber, Jr., who has been drafted in the army, Edouard Dethier of New York played. The program consisted of Schubert's posthumous quartet in D minor, Beethoven's string trio Op. 9, No. 3, and Debussy's string quartet in G minor.
Mrs. Coolidge took as her guests from New York, in a special car, a large number of musicians and music lovers.
<http://query.nytimes.com/gst/abstract.html?res=9800E5D6113AE433A25755C2A9679D946696D6CF>

Per Kuwabara Payne McKenna Blumbert Architects
Building location: Yale University, New Haven, CT
Building completion update: 2003
Albert Arnold Sprague Memorial Hall occupies a prominent position at Yale University, sitting in the geographic centre of the buildings that define the Yale School of Music. As one of two concert halls on campus, the facility needed to command an electrifying flagship presence and be more welcoming and accessible architecturally.
On the exterior, the lighting has been reconceptualized to create a sense of occasion, invigorating the atmosphere of the facade and projecting the animation of live performance to the street. Illuminated playbill cabinets and festive banners add to Sprague's vitality and provide a necessary communication infrastructure.
Within, the front-of-house spaces benefit from a reconfigured box office and ground floor lobby, with enhanced lighting and material richness contributing to the sense of arrival and theatricality. Refurbishment of the existing 720-seat Morse Recital Hall have improved both its acoustics and its aesthetics. New wood sound and light locks, sound isolating windows, and a control booth at the rear of the orchestra, are intended to bring the recital hall up to modern performance venue standards.
To see more pictures by Jeff Goldberg, please go to -----> http://www.kpmb.com/index.asp?navid=30&fid1=0&fid2=31#credits 
 
7
Dibblee, Henry (1840-1907), Laura Nash Field (1848-1921), Bertha Dibblee (1875-1954), and 
Frances Fidelia Dibblee (1877-1952).
Dibblee, Henry (1840-1907), Laura Nash Field (1848-1921), Bertha Dibblee (1875-1954), and Frances Fidelia Dibblee (1877-1952).
Henry Dibblee house at 1922 S. Calumet Avenue, designed by Henry Ives Cobb in 1891 
 
8
Fairmount Cemetery
Fairmount Cemetery
Mausoleum Building
Denver, Denver, CO, USA 
 
9
Franklin House, NY, NY
Franklin House, NY, NY
This digital image may be used for educational or scholarly purposes without restriction.
Date of original: 1880-1916
Creator: H.N. Tiemann & Co.
Contributors: Tiemann, H. N., 1863-1957
Franklin House, New York, No. 197 Broadway, Corner of Dey Street, Hayes & Treadwell Proprietors
Franklin House

The Franklin House was not New York's first hotel, an honor that belonged to the City Hotel, built in 1794. And the 300-room Astor House was the grandest of city's hotels. One guidebook gave the Franklin its due, however. "Though not so extensive as some of the other establishments," the hotel "is pleasantly located, furnished in good style, and enjoys a handsome patronage." Occupying the corner of Broadway and Dey streets, this hotel was such a favorite among southerners that travelers were never surprised to find old friends in the lobby.
New York Divided / http://www.nydivided.org/popup/Places/FranklinHouse.php 
 
10
Kimball, Mildred Montague Genevieve 'Tweet' (1914-1999)
Kimball, Mildred Montague Genevieve "Tweet" (1914-1999)
Cherokee Castle, Sedalia, Colorado, formerly owned by Tweet Kimball, now owned by the Cherokee Ranch and Castle Foundation.
Photo property of The Keep (www.thekeepcolorado.com) and Koelbel and Company (www.koelbelco.com) 
 
11
Kimball, Mildred Montague Genevieve 'Tweet' (1914-1999)
Kimball, Mildred Montague Genevieve "Tweet" (1914-1999)
Cherokee Castle, Sedalia, Colorado, formerly owned by Tweet Kimball, now owned by the Cherokee Ranch and Castle Foundation.
Photo property of The Keep (www.thekeepcolorado.com) and Koelbel and Company (www.koelbelco.com) 
 
12
Kimball, Mildred Montague Genevieve 'Tweet' (1914-1999)
Kimball, Mildred Montague Genevieve "Tweet" (1914-1999)
Cherokee Castle, Sedalia, Colorado, formerly owned by Tweet Kimball, now owned by the Cherokee Ranch and Castle Foundation.
Photo property of The Keep (www.thekeepcolorado.com) and Koelbel and Company (www.koelbelco.com) 
 
13
Kimball, Mildred Montague Genevieve 'Tweet' (1914-1999)
Kimball, Mildred Montague Genevieve "Tweet" (1914-1999)
Cherokee Castle, Sedalia, Colorado, formerly owned by Tweet Kimball, now owned by the Cherokee Ranch and Castle Foundation.
Photo property of The Keep (www.thekeepcolorado.com) and Koelbel and Company (www.koelbelco.com) 
 
14
Murray Hill Hotel
Murray Hill Hotel
Courtesy of the Graduate School and University Center Archives, Mina Rees Library. 
 
15
Sprague, Albert Arnold (1835-1916) and Nancy Ann Atwood's house in Chicago.
Sprague, Albert Arnold (1835-1916) and Nancy Ann Atwood's house in Chicago.
House located at 2710 Prairie Avenue. Their nephew, Albert Arnold Sprague (1874-1946), appears at this address in the 1900 United States Federal Census, Illinois, Cook, Chicago Ward 3, District 59.
Designed by Daniel Burnham. 
 
16
Sprague, Otho Sylvester Arnold (1839-1909) and Lucia Elvira Atwood (1849-1901).
Sprague, Otho Sylvester Arnold (1839-1909) and Lucia Elvira Atwood (1849-1901).
Otho Sylvester Arnold Sprague house at 2700 S. Prairie Avenue, designed by Burling & Whitehouse in 1888. 
 
17
Swedenborgian Church with Albert Arnold Sprague, IV (1941 - ), grand nephew of Lucy Sprague
Swedenborgian Church with Albert Arnold Sprague, IV (1941 - ), grand nephew of Lucy Sprague
San Francisco, CA
Contributed by Sprague, Albert Arnold, IV 
 
18
Swedenborgian Church, national historic landmark plaque
Swedenborgian Church, national historic landmark plaque
San Francisco, CA
Contributed by Sprague, Albert Arnold, IV 
 
19
Swedenborgian Church, reception area
Swedenborgian Church, reception area
San Francisco, CA
Contributed by Sprague, Albert Arnold, IV 
 
20
Swedenborgian Church, sign with address and service day/time
Swedenborgian Church, sign with address and service day/time
San Francisco, CA
Contributed by Sprague, Albert Arnold, IV 
 



Copyright © 2017; by Arnold Sprague and Claudia Milstead. Send e-mail to Arnold or Claudia
Part of this website is powered by The Next Generation of Genealogy Sitebuilding © (TNG), Darrin Lythgoe.