Print Bookmark

Sun Prairie, Dane, WI, USA, Bristol Methodist Episcopal Cemetery



 


Notes: Per FindAGrave:
(1) Also known as West Bristol Cemetery
(2) Located on east side of County Hwy N about two miles north of City of Sun Prairie. It was started in March of 1865 by the West Bristol Cemetery Association, whose first president was David Wilder -- the man responsible for the naming of Bristol Township, and was used by the Bristol Methodist Church, which was built about 1866. In 1907 the church was sold and became Bristol Lutheran Church. Since 1950, the Town of Bristol maintains this cemetery. Some references call this cemetery English Methodist Cemetery. A land abstract indicates that another cemetery was located in Section 20, just up the road from this cemetery. The cemetery in Section 20 was abandoned very early and one of the burials was reburied in Bristol Methodist Cemetery.

OpenStreetMap

Location : Latitude: 43.22083, Longitude: -89.21055


Buried

Matches 1 to 1 of 1

   Last Name, Given Name(s)    Buried    Person ID 
1 Arnold, Col. Sprague  Sun Prairie, Dane, WI, USA, Bristol Methodist Episcopal Cemetery I125


Copyright © 2020; by Arnold Sprague and Claudia Milstead. Send e-mail to Arnold or Claudia
Part of this website is powered by The Next Generation of Genealogy Sitebuilding © (TNG), Darrin Lythgoe.